by: Gracepoint Church
HOW TO DECLUTTER AND ORGANIZE
We recently moved. In the process of getting paperwork signed and moving, there has been the opportunity for clutter. Moving boxes from one place to another, we tend to start filling a garage and saying “we will get that later”. Sometimes later comes and sometimes it may not.
I received a note from our mortgage lady the other day with the title listed above. As I read it I realized these same suggestions can apply to my daily walk with the Lord. It opened with this statement.
Research has shown clutter isn’t just inconvenient, it can increase stress and dissatisfaction at home. If you are ready to spend a little time organizing and clearing, you can get things in order.
The same things can be said about our daily life. We get busy and before we know it we are not spending the time we should spend in Prayer, God’s Word, and witnessing.
I’m sure that you are not any different than I am. When I start to slip from my routine of spending time with God, I can become very irritable and a joy to be around.
So here are a few things to keep in mind that will help you and I as we do this thing called life.
- 1.PACE YOURSELF:
- You cannot and will not learn it all at one time. That is why the Bible tells us in 2 Tim 2:15 to STUDY. That indicates we have to dig, search to spend time in the Word seeking Col 3:1. So don’t be discouraged because it takes time and dedication. Make sure to take time every day. Don’t get too busy for God.
- 2.GIVE EVERY ITEM A HOME:
- We need to give things a proper place, and that includes God. We tend to move Him to the back a lot of the time, until we need Him of course and then we expect Him to be there. When what we have done was to replace His importance on so many other things that amount to a hill of beans. We forget that He lives in us, Col 1:27- Christ in us, the hope of glory. Give Him the important place and give other things their proper home.
- 3.LEARN TO SAY GOODBYE:
- Don’t hang on to the things that can bring you down, just like when we keep those things that we don’t ever use and they just take up space. We need to get rid of the things in our life that get in the way of our spiritual life growing. Paul said this in Phil 3:13- forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before.
- 4.GET EVERYONE ON THE SAME TEAM:
- Your spouse has to be onboard with your decision to move forward with the Lord. They will be your support and encouragement and you will be theirs. The Bible tells us that iron sharpens iron- Pro. 27:17. Spend time praying for your spouse and your family, be supportive. The friends you surround yourself with should also encourage and lift you up, not try to drag you down.
- 5.ONCE IN ORDER MAINTAIN IT:
- Once you have taken time to get things placed in order, keep it going. It is so easy to get complacent or comfortable with God. For sure not every day will be peaches and cream, and the old devil will do his best to knock you out of your daily walk. 1 Peter 5:8- be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. The old devil knows if he can break your daily routine, he can knock you off balance and pull you down. He will start to add the clutter back that you worked so hard to get rid of to get your walk where it should be.
- I hope that this finds you doing well, can’t wait until June 21st to be back together to fellowship and worship as a body again.